Japanese style gender reveal sweet treat idea!!! You will find Black Moor Goldfish if it is a boy, Red Goldfish if it is a girl =)
BTW, we don't have a custom to hold a baby shower party or make a gender reveal sweet in Japan.
I made Butter Cream Cake for my daughter.
Goldfish Bowl Jelly
Number of servings: 6 pieces
50g (1.8oz.) white bean paste
1 tsp. Shiratamako (lumpy glutinous rice flour)
1 tsp. water
Wilton Icing Gel Color: Red
Wilton Icing Gel Color: Black
Wilton Icing Gel Color: Green
2g (1 tsp.) Kanten powder (agar-agar powder)
50g (1.8oz.) sugar
Wilton Icing Gel Color: Blue
1. Place white bean paste in a bowl. Mix Shiratamako and water, then mix it into the bean paste.
2. Microwave at 500w for 1 minute, knead well, microwave again at 500w for 40 seconds, then knead well.
3. Divide it into 4 portions and mix in red, black, and green icing gel color.
4. Put it into the silicone mold and cool in the freezer to set.
1. Put water in a small pot. Mix in Kanten powder and bring to a boil.
2. Simmer for 1-2 minutes (mixing constantly). Then add sugar, mix well, and simmer again for a few seconds.
3. Mix in blue icing gel color and lemon juice to taste. Pour it into the silicone mold.
4. When it starts to harden, scoop out the center.
5. Place the goldfish, waterweed, and bubbles. Pour in the remaining jelly (microwave at 500w for 40 sec if it hardened) up to the top of the mold. Put in the fridge to set.
♥Please Subscribe to my YouTube Channel♥
♥Please "Like" me on Facebook♥
♥Follow me on twitter♥
Popular Posts - Last 7 days
Onsen Tamago is a traditional Japanese soft-boiled egg. The egg white is milky and the egg yolk is creamy. It makes a perfect topping for ri...
Inarizushi (稲荷寿司) is a pouch of aburaage (fried tofu) filled with sushi rice. This recipe is perfect for parties or any kind of event! I...
Fresh Wakame seaweed is in season in spring in Japan! My mom bought it as a souvenir. Wakame soup is highly nutritious soup that contains...
Japanese Doll Festival (Hinamatsuri), or Girls' Day, is held on March 3rd. On this day, we set up hina dolls (hina-ningyo) since they a...
I have had many requests to share hospital food in Japan so I decided to make this video. Meals during maternity stay were well balanced. Ho...
This recipe was once introduced on TV! It requires only 2 ingredients ;) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X8w1DFw6JG4 Perfect for parti...
Easy and fun idea to fool your family or friends. hehe https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oxmFq01egpo Perfect for April Fools Day, too XD ...
My friend Mandi sent me some gifts from Tacoma! http://createeathappy.blogspot.jp/2014/04/gifts-from-tacoma-washington.html She was a hos...
This is a perfect substitute for those who want to enjoy the eel bowl :) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3VTN7DyTk14 Eggplants look jus...
Simple yet delicious rice dish using Edamame (green soybeans)! Simple salt seasoning enhances the flavor of Edamame. Perfect for bento box :...