はしまき (Hashimaki) is Okonomiyaki wrapped around a pair of chopsticks. It is a popular festival food in Kansai area.
If you have a collection of disposable chopsticks, this is a great recipe to use them all up. hehe
Number of servings: 5
5 disposable chopsticks
1/2 tsp. Dashi powder
100g (3.5oz.) cake flour - I think you can use all purpose flour
100g (3.5oz.) shredded cabbage
* 2 tbsp. Tenkasu (crunchy bits of deep fried flour-batter)
* 2 tbsp. chopped green onions
* 2 tbsp. shredded cheese
* 1 tbsp. Beni Shoga (red pickled ginger)
* Okonomiyaki sauce
* Katsuobushi (bonito flakes)
* Aonori (green laver)
1. Mix Egg, Dashi powder, and water in a large bowl. Sift in cake flour and mix well.
2. Add shredded cabbage and A (optional) and mix well.
3. Heat cooking oil in a large frying pan. Spread 1 ladle of batter on the top half of the pan in an oval shape.
4. When the edges begin to dry, place a pair of chopsticks, roll the Okonomiyaki, and set aside. When you have made the other 4, put them back in the pan, cover, and cook on low for 5 minutes until done. Then cook the other side until golden brown.
5. Top with B and enjoy!
Instead of the cake flour & Dashi powder, you can use Okonomiyaki powder! It tastes much better in this way.
♥Please Subscribe to my YouTube Channel♥
♥Please "Like" me on Facebook♥
♥Follow me on twitter♥
Wednesday, June 5, 2013
Popular Posts - Last 7 days
You just need 6 ingredients ;) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tzugYxNMD4Y By using cocoa powder instead of Matcha powder, you can make...
Only 3 Ingredients!!! Looks and tastes refreshing ;) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KZ8PMzIeEaY Perfect summer treat. And sure, you ...
Very moist and tasty chicken nuggets which satisfies you while on diet :D Okara (soy pulp) is a bean curd refuse which is left after makin...
Chiffon-like fluffy Matcha cupcakes with red bean sauce. Perfect WAFU combination ;) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vZltUWKYwxg Instea...
Japanese Raindrop Cake looks like a big drop of water. It is a transparent jelly-like cake served with Kuromitsu (brown sugar syrup) and Kin...
Sesame Seed Balls (芝麻球) are a Chinese sweet treat. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hkwHovGOSMc Instead of deep-frying them I baked in t...
I eat sesame seed snack every day, so I decided to make this :D https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i-qf1D8wv20 Since maple syrup is very s...
This is a very basic recipe for Gyoza (fried dumplings)! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ffvdeBY6Ryw Gyoza is originally a Chinese dish,...
Harumaki was requested by my darling =) I combined my favorite shrimp and my darling's favorite meat (pork) together. http://www.yo...
Simple yet delicious. Don't you have an experience selecting hard unripe avocado even if you have examined it carefully?! This is the ...